Last Updated: 2020/2/4
Welcome to Apeiron Life!
Please read these Terms of Service (the “Terms”) carefully because they are an agreement between you and Performance Health Sciences, Inc. (d/b/a Apeiron Life) (“Apeiron Life” or “we”) and govern your use of the website located at https://apeiron.life/ (the “Site”), the Apeiron Life mobile application (the “App”) and the performance and wellness services, information, products and materials accessible via the Site and the App. To make these Terms easier to read, the Site, our services and the App are collectively called the “Services.” For services that are not provided through the Site and/or the App, such as Apeiron Life membership, classes or on-site services, the purchase and/or use of which may be subject to separate and/or additional terms, conditions and/or policies.
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING ARBITRATION: WHEN YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS YOU ARE AGREEING (WITH LIMITED EXCEPTION) TO RESOLVE ANY DISPUTE BETWEEN YOU AND APEIRON LIFE THROUGH BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION RATHER THAN IN COURT. PLEASE REVIEW CAREFULLY SECTION 15 “DISPUTE RESOLUTION” BELOW FOR DETAILS REGARDING ARBITRATION (INCLUDING THE PROCEDURE TO OPT OUT OF ARBITRATION).
Notice Regarding Health-Related Information. The content made available on or through the Services should not be relied upon when making medical or health decisions, or to diagnose or treat a medical or health condition. Any health-related content you may find in the Services is not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent diseases, as a self-medication guide or as a substitute for consulting with your health care professional. For medical advice, you should consult a medical professional. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES AND ANY INFORMATIN PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. Your use of the Services or any communication with Apeiron Life does not create a doctor-patient relationship between you and Apeiron Life, even if you made Apeiron Life aware of any health concerns or exercise or diet related condition that may be impacted by change in diet or exercise. In addition, nothing contained in the Services shall be construed as a promotion or solicitation of any product or medical device prohibited by United States laws. PRIOR TO USING APEIRON LIFE FACILITY OR EQUIPMENT, OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY TRAINING, PROGRAM OR ACTIVITY PROVIDED OR APEIRON LIFE, YOU SHOULD SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH PROFESSIONAL.
1. Agreement to Terms. By using our Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you don’t agree to be bound by these Terms, do not use the Services. If you are accessing and using the Services on behalf of a company (such as your employer) or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that entity to these Terms. In that case, “you” and “your” will refer to that entity.
2. Privacy Notice. Please refer to our privacy notice (https://apeiron.life/privacy-policy/) (“Privacy Notice”) for information on how we collect, use and share your information. You acknowledge and agree that your use of the Services is subject to our Privacy Notice.
3. Changes to these Terms or the Services. We may update the Terms from time to time in our sole discretion. If we do, we’ll let you know by posting the updated Terms on the Site and may also send other communications. It’s important that you review the Terms whenever we update them or you use the Services. If you continue to use the Services after we have posted updated Terms it means that you accept and agree to the changes. If you don’t agree to be bound by the changes, you may not use the Services anymore. The only exception is for changes to the “Dispute Resolution” section, for which you have followed the process in Section 15(f). Because our Services are evolving over time we may change or discontinue all or any part of the Services, at any time and without notice, at our sole discretion.
4. Who May Use the Services? You may use the Services only if you are 18 years or older and capable of forming a binding contract with Apeiron Life, and not otherwise barred from using the Services under applicable law. For certain features of the Services you’ll need to register and open an account. It’s important that you provide us with accurate, complete and current account information and keep this information up to date. If you don’t, we might have to suspend or terminate your account. To protect your account, keep the account details and password confidential, and notify us right away of any unauthorized use. You’re responsible for all activities that occur under your account.
5. Feedback. We appreciate feedback, comments, ideas, proposals and suggestions for improvements to the Services (“Feedback”). If you choose to submit Feedback, you agree that we are free to use it without any restriction or compensation to you.
6. Your Content.
- (a) Posting Content. Our Services may allow you to store or share content such as text (in posts or communications with others), files, documents, graphics, images, music, software, audio and video. Anything (other than Feedback) that you post or otherwise make available through the Services is referred to as “User Content”. Apeiron Life does not claim any ownership rights in any User Content and nothing in these Terms will be deemed to restrict any rights that you may have to your User Content.
- (b) Permissions to Your User Content. By making any User Content available through the Services you hereby grant to Apeiron Life a non-exclusive, transferable, worldwide, royalty-free license, with the right to sublicense, to use, copy, modify, create derivative works based upon, distribute, publicly display, and publicly perform your User Content in connection with operating and providing the Services.
- (c) Your Responsibility for User Content. You are solely responsible for all your User Content. You represent and warrant that you have (and will have) all rights that are necessary to grant us the license rights in your User Content under these Terms. You represent and warrant that neither your User Content, nor your use and provision of your User Content to be made available through the Services, nor any use of your User Content by Apeiron Life on or through the Services will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
- (d) Removal of User Content. You can remove your User Content by specifically deleting it. You should know that in certain instances, some of your User Content (such as posts or comments you make) may not be completely removed and copies of your User Content may continue to exist on the Services. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we are not responsible or liable for the removal or deletion of (or the failure to remove or delete) any of your User Content.
- (e) Apeiron Life’s Intellectual Property. We may make available through the Services content that is subject to intellectual property rights. We retain all rights to that content.
7. Rights and Terms for Apps.
- (a) App License. If you comply with these Terms, Apeiron Life grants to you a limited non-exclusive, non-transferable license, with no right to sublicense, to download and install a copy of the App on a mobile device or computer that you own or control and to run such copy of the App solely for your own personal non-commercial purposes. Except as expressly permitted in these Terms, you may not: (i) copy, modify or create derivative works based on the App; (ii) distribute, transfer, sublicense, lease, lend or rent the App to any third party; (iii) reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the App (unless applicable law permits, despite this limitation); or (iv) make the functionality of the App available to multiple users through any means.
- (b) Additional Information: Apple App Store. This paragraph applies to any App that you acquire from the Apple App Store or use on an iOS device. Apple has no obligation to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the App. In the event of any failure of the App to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple, and Apple will refund the App purchase price to you (if applicable) and, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App. Apple is not responsible for addressing any claims by you or any third party relating to the App or your possession and use of it, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation. Apple is not responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any third-party claim that your possession and use of the App infringe that third party's intellectual property rights. Apple and its subsidiaries, are third-party beneficiaries of these Terms, and upon your acceptance of the Terms, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against you as a third-party beneficiary thereof. Apple and its subsidiaries are third-party beneficiaries of these Terms, and upon your acceptance of the Terms, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against you as a third-party beneficiary thereof. You represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a terrorist-supporting country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties. You must also comply with any applicable third-party terms of service when using the App.
8. General Prohibitions and Apeiron Life’s Enforcement Rights. You agree not to do any of the following:
- (a) Post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any content that: (i) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; (v) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any person or entity; or (vii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances;
- (b) Use, display, mirror or frame the Services or any individual element within the Services, Apeiron Life’s name, any Apeiron Life trademark, logo or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page, without Apeiron Life’s express written consent;
- (c) Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Services, Apeiron Life’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of Apeiron Life’s providers;
- (d) Attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any Apeiron Life system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- (e) Avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by Apeiron Life or any of Apeiron Life’s providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Services;
- (f) Attempt to access or search the Services or download content from the Services using any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than the software and/or search agents provided by Apeiron Life or other generally available third-party web browsers;
- (g) Send any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, email, junk mail, spam, chain letters or other form of solicitation;
- (h) Use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing a Apeiron Life trademark, logo URL or product name without Apeiron Life’s express written consent;
- (i) Use the Services, or any portion thereof, for any commercial purpose or for the benefit of any third party or in any manner not permitted by these Terms;
- (j) Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way use the Services to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- (k) Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Services;
- (l) Interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Services;
- (m) Collect or store any personal information from the Services from other users of the Services without their express permission;
- (n) Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- (o) Violate any applicable law or regulation; or
- (p) Encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the foregoing.
Apeiron Life is not obligated to monitor access to or use of the Services or to review or edit any content. However, we have the right to do so for the purpose of operating the Services, to ensure compliance with these Terms and to comply with applicable law or other legal requirements. We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to remove or disable access to any content, at any time and without notice, including, but not limited to, if we, at our sole discretion, consider it objectionable or in violation of these Terms. We have the right to investigate violations of these Terms or conduct that affects the Services. We may also consult and cooperate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute users who violate the law.
9. Links to Third Party Websites or Resources. The Services (including the App) may allow you to access third-party websites, apps or other resources. We provide access only as a convenience for you and are not responsible for the content, products or services on or available from those resources or links displayed on such websites, apps or resources. You acknowledge and accept sole responsibility for, and assume all risk arising from, your access or use of any third-party resources. In addition, you agree that you will not make any claim against Apeiron Life for any damages or losses whatsoever resulting from your access or use of any third-party resources
10. Termination. We may terminate your access to and use of the Services, at our sole discretion, at any time and without notice to you. You may cancel your account at any time by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon any termination, discontinuation or cancellation of the Services or your account, the following Sections will survive: 10, 12, 13, 14, and 15.
11. Disclaimers. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE EXPLICITLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. We make no warranty that the Services will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis. We make no warranty regarding the quality, accuracy, timeliness, truthfulness, completeness or reliability of any information or content on the Services.
12. Indemnity. You will indemnify and hold harmless Apeiron Life and its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, disputes, demands, liabilities, damages, losses, and costs and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees arising out of or in any way connected with (a) your access to or use of the Services, (b) your User Content, or (c) your violation of these Terms.
13. Limitation of Liability.
- (a) TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, NEITHER APEIRON LIFE NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THE SERVICES WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST REVENUES, LOST SAVINGS, LOST BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY, LOSS OF DATA OR GOODWILL, SERVICE INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER DAMAGE OR SYSTEM FAILURE OR THE COST OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT APEIRON LIFE OR ANY OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, EVEN IF A LIMITED REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
- (b) TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY THE LAW OF THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION, IN NO EVENT WILL APEIRON LIFE’S TOTAL LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES EXCEED THE AMOUNTS YOU HAVE PAID TO APEIRON LIFE FOR USE OF THE SERVICES DURING THE TWELVE (12) MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THE FIRST EVENT GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY OR ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS ($1000), IF YOU HAVE NOT HAD ANY PAYMENT OBLIGATIONS TO APEIRON LIFE, AS APPLICABLE.
- (c) THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN APEIRON LIFE AND YOU.
14. Governing Law and Forum Choice. These Terms and any action related thereto will be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, federal arbitration law, and the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. Except as otherwise expressly set forth in Section 15 “Dispute Resolution,” the exclusive jurisdiction for all Disputes (defined below) that you and Apeiron Life are not required to arbitrate will be the state and federal courts located in the Northern District of California, and you and Apeiron Life each waive any objection to jurisdiction and venue in such courts.
15. Dispute Resolution.
- (a) Mandatory Arbitration of Disputes. We each agree that any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to these Terms or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof or the use of the Services (collectively, “Disputes”) will be resolved solely by binding, individual arbitration and not in a class, representative or consolidated action or proceeding. You and Apeiron Life agree that the U.S. Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of these Terms, and that you and Apeiron Life are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action. This arbitration provision shall survive termination of these Terms.
- (b) Exceptions and Opt-out. As limited exceptions to Section 17(a) above: (i) you may seek to resolve a Dispute in small claims court if it qualifies; and (ii) we each retain the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief from a court to prevent (or enjoin) the infringement or misappropriation of our intellectual property rights. In addition, you will retain the right to opt out of arbitration entirely and litigate any Dispute if you provide us with written notice of your desire to do so by email at email@example.com or by regular mail at 1700 El Camino Real, Menlo Park, CA 94027 within thirty (30) days following the date you first agree to these Terms.
- (c) Conducting Arbitration and Arbitration Rules. The arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) under its Consumer Arbitration Rules (the “AAA Rules”) then in effect, except as modified by these Terms. The AAA Rules are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879. A party who wishes to start arbitration must submit a written Demand for Arbitration to AAA and give notice to the other party as specified in the AAA Rules. The AAA provides a form Demand for Arbitration at www.adr.org.
- If your claim is for U.S. $10,000 or less, you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator, through a telephonic or video-conference hearing, or by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules. If your claim exceeds U.S. $10,000, the right to a hearing will be determined by the AAA Rules. Any arbitration hearings will take place in the county (or parish) where you live, unless we both agree to a different location. The parties agree that the arbitrator shall have exclusive authority to decide all issues relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability and scope of this arbitration agreement.
- (d) Arbitration Costs. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA Rules. We’ll pay for all filing, administration and arbitrator fees and expenses if your Dispute is for less than $10,000, unless the arbitrator finds your Dispute frivolous. If we prevail in arbitration we’ll pay all of our attorneys’ fees and costs and won’t seek to recover them from you. If you prevail in arbitration you will be entitled to an award of attorneys’ fees and expenses to the extent provided under applicable law.
- (e) Class Action Waiver. YOU AND APEIRON LIFE AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, if the parties’ dispute is resolved through arbitration, the arbitrator may not consolidate another person's claims with your claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. If this specific provision is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this Dispute Resolution section shall be null and void.
- (f) Effect of Changes on Arbitration. Notwithstanding the provisions of Section 3 “Changes to Terms or Services” above, if Apeiron Life changes any of the terms of this Section 15 “Dispute Resolution” after the date you most recently accepted these Terms, you may reject any such change by sending us written notice (including by email to firstname.lastname@example.org) within 30 days of the date such change became effective, as indicated in the “Last Updated” date above or in the date of Apeiron Life’s email to you notifying you of such change. By rejecting any change, you are agreeing that you will arbitrate any Dispute between you and Apeiron Life in accordance with the terms of this Section 15 “Dispute Resolution” as of the date you most recently accepted these Terms.
- (g) Severability. With the exception of any of the provisions in Section 15(e) of these Terms ("Class Action Waiver"), if an arbitrator or court of competent jurisdiction decides that any part of these Terms is invalid or unenforceable, the other parts of these Terms will still apply.
16. General Terms.
- (a) Reservation of Rights. Apeiron Life and its licensors exclusively own all right, title and interest in and to the Services, including all associated intellectual property rights. You acknowledge that the Services are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of the United States and foreign countries. You agree not to remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Services.
- (b) Entire Agreement. These Terms constitute the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between Apeiron Life and you regarding the Services, and these Terms supersede and replace all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between Apeiron Life and you regarding the Services. If any provision of these Terms is held invalid or unenforceable by an arbitrator or a court of competent jurisdiction, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the other provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect. You may not assign or transfer these Terms, by operation of law or otherwise, without Apeiron Life’s prior written consent. Any attempt by you to assign or transfer these Terms, without such consent, will be null. Apeiron Life may freely assign or transfer these Terms without restriction. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
- (c) Notices. Any notices or other communications provided by Apeiron Life under these Terms will be given: (i) via email; or (ii) by posting to the Services. For notices made by email, the date of receipt will be deemed the date on which such notice is transmitted.
- (d) Waiver of Rights. Apeiron Life’s failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of such right or provision. The waiver of any such right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of Apeiron Life. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms or otherwise.
17. Contact Information. If you have any questions about these Terms or the Services, please contact Apeiron Life at:
Performance Health Services, LLC d/b/a Apeiron Life
1700 El Camino Real
Menlo Park, CA 94027